The problem of fungus in plants prevails in almost every season of the year. It leads to many other problems, plus the regular attack of ants is also an alarming situation for us to protect our plants. Ants bring lots of harmful insects along with them. These insects can damage the complete plant. In this post, we are going to study the organic treatment for both of these problems.
- Initially, fungus comes on the soil surface, then slowly it spreads to the whole plant. The fungus can spoil the complete plant.
- The next problem is the ants.
If ants are coming regularly to your plants, then it is a sign that the mealybugs or aphids have attacked. Mealybugs and aphids release a wax-type sweet syrup on the leaves which causes the ants to come and lick it. In return, ants protect these insects from other harmful insects.
- For both these problems of fungus and ants, we have one solution i.e. cinnamon powder.
- Cinnamon powder is a very strong organic and chemical-free fungicide that is easily available in our homes.
How to use Cinnamon Powder as a Fungicide?
- If the soil of your pot is well drained, then there are least chances of fungus attack. If the fungus has already appeared on the surface, the first thing to do is to remove that layer of soil.
- After cleaning the fungus, sprinkle cinnamon powder on the surface of the soil uniformly.
- You will notice, the fungus will disappear. This is the easiest and quick remedy for this problem.
- This is a one-time treatment. You don’t need to do it more than once.
In the market, so many fungicides are available also called Trichoderma spp but you will get better results with cinnamon powder.
How to use cinnamon as an insecticide for ants?
The smell of cinnamon is very strong and ants run away from this smell.
For ants, the cinnamon powder will not work because ants keep on roaming everywhere, in branches, stems, leaves and soil, etc. For ants removal, we need to make a cinnamon solution and spray it all over the plant.
- To make a solution, add 1 tbsp. cinnamon powder in 2 cups of water.
- Now, boil this solution till the point it reduces to 1\4 of its initial quantity.
- After that, sieve this solution with the help of cotton cloth.
- Now, dilute 20% of this solution with 80% of normal water and fill it in a spray bottle and spray on your plants. All the ants will run away from the plants.
- You can spray it daily on your plant if the ant’s attack is more.
- It will not do any harm to the plants as it is an organic solution.
- Moreover, ants will also not die from this solution, they will just run away from the plants.
- You can keep this solution at room temperature for 20-25 days if it is not too hot.
Now, I am sure you can save your plants from ants and fungi.
Keep planting !!