When we do gardening and grow plants, we always need to take some precautions so that we get healthy plants. Sometimes even after taking all the safety measures, we find pests and diseases in our plants.
Pests and diseases have always been a major challenge for gardeners. Chemical pest control is still a major method of pest control today, although due to its long-term side effects, attention has been paid to conventional and biological pest control in the late 20th century.
Today it has been proved that the use of chemicals in gardening and farming is very harmful to the plants, soil, and environment. An organic pesticide method to control pests and diseases can be both safe and effective for our plants.
“Neem liquid pesticide is one of the best organic solutions for both outdoor and indoor plants.”
So, let’s discuss how to make organic neem pesticides for plants at home.
What is neem pesticide?
AZADIRACHTIN INDICA is the scientific name of the neem plant. Neem has been used in Ayurvedic medicines for centuries. It is specifically used to make various insecticides and also to control pests and diseases on the plant.
According to the research, it has been found that when some Indian scientists sprayed the diluted neem pesticide on different plants, the plants did not get harmed by the locust pests which were present on the surface of the plants.
Therefore, we should spray neem pesticide on our plants in the gap of every 7 days which will reduce the pest’s attack on the plant.
Sometimes our indoor and outdoor plants get affected by pest attacks like
- Spider mites
To remove and control such pest attacks we can use neem liquid pesticides.
- This neem liquid pesticide is easily available in the market, also you can make it at home very easily, which is very effective and beneficial for our plants.
Tips to make Neem Pesticide at home
To make neem oil, we need to extract it from neem seeds, a process that is not feasible at home. So, let’s start with the simplest method of preparing effective neem pesticide at home.
1. Pluck neem leaves: First of all, pluck the neem leaves and wash them properly to remove all dust and dirt.
2. Boil the leaves: In the next step, boil the leaves in 1 liter of water for approximately 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, about one-fourth of the water will remain, and the color of the water will have changed to dark green.
- Allow it to cool to room temperature, and then strain the water.
3. Dilute the solution: This solution is quite potent, so it should not be directly sprayed on the plants.
- First, dilute this solution with water.
- Add 10 tablespoons of this neem liquid to 1 liter of regular water.
Now, you can apply this diluted neem water to your plants and leaves. It’s a 100% pure organic neem liquid pesticide.
One of the best qualities of neem liquid pesticide is that it is harmless to insects like bees and earthworms which are very helpful to our plants.
It was all about homemade neem pesticides.