If it is raining a lot, and we cannot shift our plants indoors, then our plants can get spoiled due to overwatering. Here is a piece of very important information, if the soil in the pot has become soggy.
First of all, check whether the soil is well-drained or not. Give water to the soil slowly,
- If the soil is absorbing the water immediately then the soil is well-drained soil.
- If water is standing on the surface of the soil, then we ought to make this soil well drained.
How to make soil well drained:
- To make the soil well-drained, loosen the soil inside the pot as deep as possible without disturbing the plants and roots of plants.
- Take out this loosened soil from the pot and add the sand to the soil.
- After adding some sand try to bind the soil from your hand, if it is still binding then add more sand.
We need to keep on adding sand till the point soil will not get binded by the hand. It should gain a friable texture. In this way, we convert clay soil into well-drained soil.
- Then fill the pot again with this modified soil.
In this way, we can save our potted plants in the rain.